Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can We Please Get Over The "John Mayer" Controversy??

I'm over it... actually I was never outraged or upset about it. I read the article, I was like eh... who cares. I don't support John Mayer or his music so it doesn't matter to me what he says, as long as he's not talking about me or anyone I know... no harm done.

What gets me is why black people are soooo upset about it. Yes he used the N-word, we act like white people don't use that word ALL the time, hell they invented the word, they say it just as much as black people do, so I'm not surprised that he said it, like I said as long as he didn't look me in my eye and say "Roderic, you nigger" I have more pertinent things to get angry about.

I was watching the news and saw 5 separate stories about black kids being killed within 5 miles of my neighborhood, and we all know this type of senseless killing goes on everyday, THAT pisses me off, not John Mayer. Can we get Al and Jesse to stop going on WWE and chasing Imus long enough to speak to our young, black kids who actually MAY change from someone speaking to them instead of attacking John Mayer, who from what I've seen, is a jerk and is not going to change, no matter what we say?

Racism IS a real problem, don't get me wrong, but getting rid of racism doesn't start with attacking and blackballing celebrities who exhibit racist behavior because then you've just given them a cause and a fanbase, racism will be resolved when we all start preaching tolerance and acceptance of all races. And YES I'm speaking to ALL races because I've met racists of ALL nationalities so let's not act holier than thou and act like white people are the only people who are racist.

No comments:

Modified by Blogcrowds